22.4.13

The Great Northern Bicycle

This year, I am lucky enough to have had a print design chosen to be featured in a local show called Pinchflat.  The premise of the show is bike-themed posters created using any printmaking technique.  So I combined my love of bikes with my love of space and created a constellation - The Great Northern Bicycle.


Luckily, I know a lovely lady who works at a local print shop, Igloo Letterpress, and they agreed to allow us in to print after-hours.

 



Test Print

Making adjustments
The block on the press

The finished pile

 We hand-brayered each print to give them a more spacey look.  This means that every print is just a little bit different.  All of the text on the print is also hand-carved, which I think looks really cool.  The prints will be for sale at Wild Goose Creative in Columbus on May 4, and at Paradise Garage for the rest of the month.





No comments:

Follow